The global oxycodone market size is expected to reach USD 7.49 billion in 2028 and register a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period, according to the latest report from Reports and Data. The growing attention to the effective management of breakthrough pain episodes in cancer patients, the increased application of opioid therapy to manage chronic pain associated with critical illnesses, and the availability of a strong portfolio of treatments at oxycodone base are key factors that are expected to drive the market revenue growth during the forecast period. Additionally, increasing accessibility and availability of OTC oxycodone oral solutions is another key factor that is expected to contribute to the market revenue growth in the future.
Oxycodone is an opioid agonist that has been used clinically since 1917 for the treatment and management of cancer-related pain and chronic non-cancer pain. Oxycodone acts by binding to a receptor, inhibiting adenylyl cyclase, hyperpolarizing neurons and decreasing excitability. Oxycodone has been widely administered orally, but can also be administered by different routes such as intramuscular, subcutaneous, intravenous, and rectal. The introduction of controlled release oxycodone has stimulated its use in chronic non-malignant pain. Oxycodone is preferred for pain management due to its higher bioavailability compared to morphine. More than 60-80% of the dose of oxycodone retains its analgesic properties and has been widely used in the treatment of osteoarthritis pain and chronic low back pain. Oxycodone is one of the most commonly prescribed opioids globally, which has driven the demand and is expected to continue driving the market growth over the forecast period.
Oxycodone crosses the blood-brain barrier and causes euphoria and a feeling of euphoria in oxycodone users. They are also prone to tampering with drugs to inhale or inject them intravenously. The growing incidence of oxycodone addiction and the side effects and risks associated with the use of oxycodone, such as overdoses and deaths, are key factors that are expected to hinder the growth of the market in some measurement during the forecast period.
Oxycodone Market By Type (Short-Acting Oxycodone, Long-Acting Oxycodone), By Route Of Administration (Oral, Intramuscular, Intravenous, Subcutaneous, Rectal, Intranasal), By Application (Addiction , pain management), by distribution channel (hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, others), and by region, forecasts until 2028: Get a sample report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1286
Leading companies operating in the market and profiled in the report include:
Johnson & Johnson (USA)
Purdue Pharma (USA)
Endo International (Ireland)
Teva Pharmaceuticals (Israel)
Hikma Pharmaceuticals (UK)
Sun Pharmaceutical (India)
Impax Laboratories (USA)
Other key findings from the report suggest
- The Oxycodone Market is estimated to grow from USD 5.23 Billion in 2020 to USD 7.46 Billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 4.6%, during the forecast period. The oxycodone market is driven by an increase in the number of patients suffering from terminal illnesses such as cancer and HIV and a sharp increase in the prescription of post-operative painkillers.
- The short-acting oxycodone market is expected to hold the largest market share at USD 5.09 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period. An increase in new drug applications from pharmaceutical companies and the number of products under development is driving the oxycodone market. Other formulations are coming to market, such as controlling drug release to improve pain management.
- Based on routes of administration, the oral segment is expected to hold the largest market share and is projected to reach USD 2.98 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period. Oxycodone is only approved for oral use in the United States, which is available as tablets and oral solutions. However, parenteral formulations of oxycodone (brand name OxyNorm) are also available worldwide and are widely used in Europe.
- The hospital pharmacy market is expected to reach USD 3.05 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The large-scale development of specialist hospitals with growing purchasing power is accelerating the adoption of oxycodone products. Another driver of the oxycodone market is the consolidation of major healthcare providers coupled with increased health insurance penetration.
- The North America market is expected to reach $2.8 billion by 2028 growing at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period owing to increasing spending in the healthcare market. health and the prevalence of geriatric populations with end-stage conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. which will promote the growth of the market.
Ask for a discount on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1286
Segments covered in the report –
Type (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
Long acting oxycodone
Routes of Administration (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
Distribution (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
Application (Kilo Tons) (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
Analysis of the region Covers –
North America (United States, Canada, Mexico)
Europe (UK, Italy, Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
Asia-Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, rest of APAC)
Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Read more reports
Acute Repetitive Seizures Market @ https://www.biospace.com/article/acute-repetitive-seizures-market-size-growth-industry-analysis-by-product-type-by-end-use-and-by- region -forecast-until-2028/
Ophthalmic Drugs Market @ https://www.biospace.com/article/ophthalmic-drugs-market-size-share-and-industry-analysis-by-drug-type-by-dosage-by-prescription-type-by – distribution-canal-by-drug-variation-and-by-region-prediction-to-2028/
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Drug Market @ https://www.biospace.com/article/acute-lymphoblast-leukemia-drug-market-size-share-and-industry-analysis-by-drug-type-by-type -paediatric-and-adults-and-forecasts-by-region-until-2028/
About reports and data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting firm that provides syndicated research reports, custom research reports and consulting services. Our solutions are uniquely focused on your goal of locating, targeting and analyzing changes in consumer behavior across demographics, across industries and helping customers make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence research ensuring relevant, fact-based research across multiple sectors including healthcare, technology, chemicals, power and energy. We are constantly updating our search offerings to ensure that our clients are aware of the latest trends existing in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts in various areas of expertise.
Business Development Manager
Reports and data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct line: +1-212-710-1370
Email: [email protected]
To learn more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-oxycodone-market